GDS Recruitment Post Office: Department of Posts is hiring for Grameen Dak Sevaks (GDS) with a total of 40,889 vacancies in 34 postal circles across India, including 2462 in Kerala.
- Must have passed 10th class with Mathematics and English and should have studied the local language (Malayalam in Kerala and Lakshadweep) as a subject.
- Must have computer knowledge and must know cycling.
- Age between 18-40 years (SC/ST have 5 years, OBC 3 years, EWS no age limit, and differently-abled get 10 years relaxation).
- Branch Postmaster to provide facility for working of Branch Post Office and reside in the village where the post office is functioning.
- Assistant Branch Postmaster/ Dak Seva to reside within the jurisdiction of their respective post offices.
- Branch Postmaster: Rs.12,000 to Rs.29,380
- Assistant Branch Postmaster/ Dak Seva: Rs.10,000 to Rs.24,470 for four hours.
Based on merit list calculated from 10th class marks and alternative livelihood. Preference for post offices can be noted while applying.
Divisions in Kerala Circle:
Alappuzha, Aluva, Calicut, Kannur, Changanassery, Ernakulam, Idukki, Iringalakuda, Kasaragod, Kottayam, Lakshadweep, Mancheri, Mavelikkara, Ottapalam, Palakkad, Pathanamthitta, Kollam, RMSCT. Kozhikode, R.M.S. Ernakulam, R.M.S. Thiruvananthapuram, Thalassery, Tirur, Thiruvalla, Thrissur, Thiruvananthapuram South, Thiruvananthapuram North, Vadakara.
Apply online Link: www.indiapostgdsonline.gov.in. Application deadline: February 16.